PAPJA Convention 2019 (Part 1)

January 25, 2019
SMX Convenntion Center, Mall of Asia
A video of Sen. Risa Hontiveros and the development of the recently passed Mental Health Law.

The Psychological Association of the Philippine Junior Affiliates PAPJA had their 32nd convention and I happily got to attened. PAPJA convention is a gathering of more than 30, 000 psychology majors from the Philippines, coming from Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. This year it was co-hosted by National University - Manila.

I've been eyeing this convention for the longest time, being intrigued by the number of delegates and chosen prestigious venues,  it screams that it must be interesting. Although, I was invited before to participate in one of its contest a few years back then,  I didn't get the opportunity to join. So finally I got to experience this psychology get together.

The young psychologist up for the plenary talk.


Around this time, my mind was in two places. (And I'm terrible at multitasking) I was there listening to the plenary talk and to the notable speakers however at times, their words became so distant as I was also coordinating with my orgmates at school, who were currently having their working day for the community involvement wherein I was the person-in-charge. Luckily, the people I was surrounded by were supportive and made the orders and tasks lighter to accomplish.

I learned to multitask in my own way, and that is during the break sessions, so I wouldn't miss the convention that I was attending.

Things that came into mind while going back home.
  1. What a beautiful country, the Philippines is. - it is rich in culture and diversity, as seen by the outfits that the delegates wore. Imagine Catholic nuns, Muslims, city casual, and provincial types.
  2. There were a lot of events that made me realize how talented people can be - not only a psychology major but also a dancer etc.
  3. I guess there wouldn't be any other convention where you thousands of students sharing the same passion in psychology.
Psychology majors participating in the street dance competition.
We seated right next to the camera. The thought that it might hit heads was always there but the camera men know what they are doing. Sadly, we weren't seen on the 6 huge screens because we were situated right beside the camera and couldn't bend directly downwards. It can only extend to the far ends.



The only down part was that we went all the way to Pasay city for a little past half-day event. But at least we were able to add some extra experience during our three hour lunch break. Which can be read here http://jshappenings.blogspot.com/2019/02/moa-foodtrip.html

Comments

You may also check out these