Parokya ni Edgar

Friday, April 6, 2018
De La Salle Lipa
This was it! My very first college night. A few years back then, I was simply not in the mood in participating in such events. Like the crowd, the noise, the craziness. But recently, I realized that it was my last two years in college, and I might not ever get to experience it so...
The first part of the night, was talent show. Six contenders competed to get the bragging rights of Lasallians Got Talent.
The soothing plays of Gio Magno on his saxophone.
The amusing act of Charles Tolentino, the ventriliquist. He was the runner-up.
A cool vibe coming from this lady, Tessa Marasigan.
The harmonizing tunes of the JPIAN Psalms.
The extreme stunts done by the Danzom Angels. Which, by the way, became the champions.
Unlike my usual lifestyle, it was a total madness of pushing, jumping, and shouting. (Much of the opposite from the quiet book style I grew up to) I tried to come out from under the rock, where I have been hiding my whole life, and enjoy something else.
The second part, the rave party. All sweaty and unsettled teens cheered to the beat of the songs played the DJ.
I have no decent picture from that part.
Lastly, the guest artist, Parokya ni Edgar. I know their songs and can sing along (more of hum along) to their chrous of the known songs. But it really is something else when everyone around is singing along.
Reasons to attend a college concert.
  1. You get to meet people. Here you get to see your schoolmates you barely see at school. (Peace)
  2. Its fun. Nothing more to say.
  3. You're only in college for a few years. Make the most of it.
  4. If you appreciate good music, watching it live with a crowd is even better, singing along with the original singers, especially. (One thing frquently mentioned by the band's vocalist Chito Miranda, that surprisingly these kids born 1995-1999 which supposedly are still babies during Parokya ni Edgar big days, knew the songs played and sang along.)
  5. You get to celebrate being a young adult.
The night was something else. I'm glad I got to experience it and got the time to socialize with other people. It was also a great feeling to just go with the crowd. It's like there is this unity between the youth present. And I had the oppurtunity to witness another OPM artist perform live.
As fun as the night was, it all comes to an end. And by the time I got home, I felt the insides of my body shaking. Shaking from exahaustion both physically and mentally. I realized upon that night, I'd appreciate those kind of moments but I'd still prefer a movie night more.
It's just not my thing, but I'm happy I got to experience it.

Comments

You may also check out these