LEADERSHIP TRAINING SEMINAR 2018

De La Salle Lipa
June 25-28, 2018

De La Salle Lipa in the morning

I still don't recognize myself as a leader, though I do understand that I am an officer. Nevertheless, I'll just carry on with the event.


Serious mode: Planning for activities

Leadership Training Seminar (LTS) 2018 is not an ordinary sit down and we'll give you a lecture activity. It's a combination of orientations, discussions, some sort of team-building, and it goes on for three days and two nights. This was organized by the College Student's Activity Office (CSAO) for all the elected and appointed student leaders for the school year 2018-2019.

We slept in the classrooms.

As I said earlier, the idea of me being called a student leader still does not mix in with my being. I cannot lead, but I can manage to prepare events and activities. I think it'd be best to call me an organizer. Adding upon this confusion that I've never been gone from home without a single family member for more than a night in my entire college life. So you can really tell how homesick I was by the second night. And just when you thought you'd be able to survive the fight with your mates by your side, the facilitator's call ya'll into different teams. Stepping out was a necessity to live long through the hours.

SENTRUM

Along the way, you learn that these strangers are just as scared as you, and from then on a connection has been realized. The whole experience was exhausting, insightful, and wonderful. Never thought that the speakers and the participants will relate so much to a whole new level. It was hilarious.

Whether it was the CSAO's objective or not, there were a few realizations within the 60 hours in school.

  1. I am one of millions of people, stay grounded.
  2. Go with the flow.
  3. It's scary to be alone.
  4. It becomes more serious when there's something at stake.
  5. If there's flour, wash hair immediately.
  6. SHINE! (Cue music from The Croods)
The activities were a bit expected already, but these things are just as equally thrilling every time.


A rainbow we saw on the way home.

Comments

You may also check out these