MOCK INTERVIEW

November 21, 2018
SENTRUM

We were dressed in corporate attire, completing the real life interview.


In the afternoon, there were lines of desks each with a company representative ready to interview the students. Not that many students were able to attend because of its schedule coinciding with other school activities, nevertheless the talk was good enough and the mock interview was worth the experience- even if it was humiliating.

My friends and I lined up first,  we had sort of an idea of what may happen because of the career expo that we had a few years back then. (**). However, during that time we were the interviewers, and this time the tables have turned. I was extremely overthinking that I just let go and went with whatever happens happens. To hide the fear that flowed through every vein of my body that chose to surface as a unsteady hand and annoying tapping feet, I wore a mask. Which I certainly regret. It was the "Yeah I know what I'm talking about mask". In other words I was being over confident. Thinking about the way I responded and communicated, even my shadow would hide in the darkness.
It was a sure ball failure looking that the interview finished in a snap while the mock interviews beside were still ongoing.
With that I came up improvements guide:
1. Let the interview be spontaneous - (Ish) Talk in conversational way rather than a Q and A directly.
2. Be one with your goals and resume- You cannot only be good on paper, you must be able to show it.
3. Don't ever try to allow your defense mechanisms to overcome what could have been YOU.
The mock interview wasn't all that bad, it was actually worth the experience for often rejections teach you to be stronger.

Comments

You may also check out these