Anime Movies

I was browsing on Netflix looking for a movie to suit my mood and just like the numerous times that I have done this I end up just reading the synopsis and looking at movie covers. But I wanted to change it a bit this round and actually choose something to stick with for the designated two hours of my day to try and relax. Not the typical way of chilling, but I find having a schedule helps me to not look at work or education related things. So I had this idea to watch a movie a day and each week has a circulating theme. But I knew in advance that I would not be watching horror movies and it will just end up being stuck on the to do list forever. I came with a plan to watch per category. Anime, musicals, Filipino, South East Asian, and East Asian. Looking up the movies from other countries looked quite interesting and I am excited for that week to come by soon.

For this first trial week, I was successful for the first three days however, schedules and routines were upturned due to a sudden getaway. I tried to get back but it had already been more than a week. Nevertheless, this is what happened.

Films watched:
The Wind Rises 2013 Directed by Hayao Miyazaki, Studio Ghibli
From up on Poppy Hill 2011 Directed by Gorō Miyazaki, Studio Ghibli
Children Who Chase Lost Voices 2011 Directed by Makato Shinka
5 cm per Second 2007 Directed by Makoto Shinka
Princess Mononoke 1997 Directed by Hayao Miyazaki, Studio Ghibli
Whisper of the Heart 1995 Directed by Yoshifumi Kondō
Castle in the Sky 1986 Directed by Hayao Miyazaki, Studio Ghibli

What have I learned from the films:
Each film had their own strength, through animation, plotlines, and sound, and those strengths portrayed beauty.

A wonderful world can be unleashed from the depths of your imagination. These animators, music directors, and producers were able to create worlds that can be fascinating to characters of our world that are relatable.

I will try to make more detailed run-through of the films I have watched but for now this is Jokaly K-jala and I was Just Saying.

Comments

You may also check out these